Forecasting in Oncology
Outcomes: The aim of the course is to instill greater confidence in Oncology forecasting by providing an in-depth understanding of Oncology specific forecasting topics. Following this course you will be able to:
- Understand Oncology specific forecasting considerations, and how these can be factored into your forecasts
- Evaluate the pros and cons of a patient flow based forecasting methodology, and compare to other approaches
- Develop an Oncology forecast, taking into consideration the different approaches applicable throughout an Oncology forecast
- Critically assess existing Oncology forecasts
Who should attend: We developed the Oncology Forecasting course for anyone who plays a role in the forecasting process, where the forecast is focused on Oncology or other progressive diseases.
What will be covered: This course builds upon the best practice forecast principles covered in our Fundamentals of Forecasting training course, delving more in depth in the areas specific to Oncology. We would encourage you to enroll on the Fundamentals course first to ensure a comprehensive understanding of these key principles.
Key Oncology topics covered in this training include:
- How Oncology forecasts differ to other forecasts
- Why a patient flow methodology is more appropriate
- Key Terminology used in Oncology and Oncology Forecasting
- How to include Oncology specific considerations such as: biomarkers and patient specific therapies, product restrictions, length of therapy, progression through lines/stages, weight/BSA based conversion, product vs regimens and much more
- When a cross-sectional methodology may be applicable
Once purchased, you will have access to this training course for 6 months.
How will it be covered:
The training is brought to life using engaging visuals, real-life examples, and a do-it-yourself case study.
- 9 videos and accompanying text walk you through the key considerations when forecasting Oncology
- 2 real-life examples bring theory to life
- 5 quizzes test your understanding as you move through the training
- 1 case study to put into practice what you have learnt – use our Onco+ software to design, build, and populate your own Oncology forecast model.
Total time: 3.5 hours
- Lectures 20
- Quizzes 5
- Students 29
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes
Introduction to Oncology Forecasting
Patient Flow Methodology
Cross Sectional Method