of Pharmaceutical Forecasting.
The aim of the course is to instill greater confidence in forecasting by providing an in-depth understanding of forecasting fundamentals. Following this course you will be able to:
- Identify the most appropriate forecasting methodology for your product
- Rationalise the pros and cons of different forecasting approaches
- Develop a forecast using best practice principles
- Ensure forecasts are clear and transparent for all users
- Critically assess existing forecasts
Who should attend:
We developed the Fundamentals course for anyone who plays a role in the forecasting process, no matter of their ability; brand teams, business intelligence, analysts, forecasters and those completely new to forecasting.
What will be covered:
All key topics will be covered to ensure a strong and comprehensive understanding of forecasting:
- Founding principles of good forecasting
- Key steps to creating a forecast; define, trend, event, convert
- Sales vs Epi vs Opportunity vs Patient Flow methodologies, and how to choose the correct approach
- How to include seasonality, structural breaks, recently launch products and much more, in your trend
- Probability, scenario, and econometric based approaches
- Conversion to volume and revenue
Once purchased, you will have access to this training course for 3 months.
How will it be covered:
The training is brought to life using engaging visuals, real-life examples, and a do-it-yourself case study.
- 17 videos and accompanying text walk you through the 4 key fundamentals of forecasting
- 6 real-life examples bring theory to life
- 5 quizzes test your understanding as you move through the training
- 2 case studies to put into practice what you have learnt– one in which you can design and build your own forecast model
Total time: 7 hours
Key Forecasting Principles
Defining the market
- Introduction to defining the market
- Sales approach
- Example of sales based models
- Epi cross-sectional approach
- Example of epidemiology cross-sectional models
- Patient opportunity approach
- Example of patient opportunity models
- Patient flow approach
- Example of patient flow models
- Defining the Market Quiz
- Case Study Example
Trending the market
Converting to volume and sales
Case Study Exercise
About J+D Forecasting.
At J+D it's our mission to simplify the complex nature of pharmaceutical forecasting to help support informed decision making for the future. We are dedicated to helping pharmaceutical and biotech companies use intelligent forecasting solutions to make strategic and operational investment decisions.
For decades, we have crafted bespoke pharmaceutical forecasting models, innovative software and interactive training solutions, each of which has been designed with client needs in mind, allowing businesses to create more intelligent and consistent insights.